Banks are changing their pattern of selection, from previous year it had introduced two tiers Examination (Prelims & Mains). The levels of questions are getting tricky and tougher day by day. So don’t ever dare to repeat your college life experience of one night preparation before IBPS PO Examination 2017-18 in these banking exams.
Some of you plan to prepare for the banking exam in 15 to 20 days before exam date. As of now this is not going to happen. Yes, it is true that there are many who will tell you that we have prepared in only 15 days or a month or two, but you know yourself better than anybody else so prepare your own strategy, think twice before get set go.
Don’t get demotivated or afraid as only 10% out of 100% candidates managed to get into the final selection. This is not at all the matter of concern, which is, IS WHY?
Many candidates doesn’t even know what is their aim?, what they want to do? They simply fill the form and appear in the examination.
>>>Also Read:- IBPS PO Application Form 2017-18
Preparing for IBPS PO Exam in One Month
During preparation for competitive examination, some candidates focus only on 1 or 2 sections as many are afraid of ENGLISH Section or any other section like QUANT.
Many join coaching institute for time pass and engage themselves in social networking websites.
Candidates buy Online Mock Test but do not take it seriously and never analyse their performance in online test.
Few fails, because of their over confidence. So beware of all these barriers.
How to Crack Banking Exams?
With proper planning, preparation, and the right strategy you can crack banking exams.
Know where you stand!
Firstly, in beginning of the preparation process, sit down and with a focused and methodical approach, start with an honest analysis of yourself. What are your strengths? Where are you good at? What are your areas of improvement? Where do you need more time to practice? This analysis can be done by taking up an Online Mock Test.
Take the test as though you were answering the real one. Take it seriously.And then, when you are done, see the patterns of your results. What key points come up? Are you weak in vocabulary? Do you take more time in reading comprehension? Do you have mastery of quantitative fundamentals? Are you able to complete the mock test by the required time? Do you blank out and get nervous?
Key factors to watch on –
(i) Yes, mock tests do help in your own way.
(ii) Take every mock test as if it’s the actual exam.
(iii) Don’t take tests for the sake of taking tests.
(iv) These tests will not to tell you how good you are, but how you can be better.
(v) Try to analyze these tests to understand your strengths and weaknesses.
(vi) Learn from your mistakes and don’t kept repeating them.
(vii) Know your area of strength and target them (like If you are good in Reasoning so used to make sure you get them right every time).
Don’t demotivate with Mocks Test score – Mock Test score doesn’t matter much.The biggest myth that candidate have in their mind is that if they are not scoring good marks in Mock Test, they feel that it’s waste of preparation and it is end of road for them. They cannot qualify the actual exam with such low scores.
Mocks is just to analyse where are you lacking and how can you improve. One of my friends who prepared with me never qualify section test in any mock. But, he never stop and keep practicing. Today he is a Bank PO in a Bank of Baroda.
You get to know your strong and weak areas
1. Good Speed, Good Accuracy: You are already good but do regular practise.
2. Good Speed, Bad Accuracy: Look at your practice answers. Where is the mistake happening? Is there a pattern? Assess and improve.
3. Bad Speed, Bad Accuracy: Put in the most focus into this section. Work by researching on easy tips and techniques to improve the speed and accuracy for these types of questions.
4. Bad Speed, Good Accuracy: Practice, Practice hard, Practice more. Practise each questions by setting timer. Try to apply short tricks. Practice will improve speed. Get easy strategies on improving and keeping the momentum that are available by us.
Once you have made your assessment, familiarize yourself with the banking examination. Know the parts of the exam. Banking Exams consists of Data Interpretation and mathematical aptitude, English language skills, Reasoning clubbed with Logical Reasoning, Computer and General Awareness.
Then, divide the whole work into simple steps –
How to master in English Section?
- Are you good at knowing the meaning of difficult words?
- Is there a lot of room to improve? Then, if so, set a target.
- Let us say to memorize thousand difficult words in two months.
- Divide it up into chunks and seriously master each chunk. Memorize with a fresh mind.
- Read our English Master Series and practise Exercise to have good command over English Grammar, go through our Easy way to learn English vocabulary and read books like Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis to improve your vocabulary skills.
You can use the difficult words assigned for the day in conversation or in your writings to help you practice.
- Improve your context skills and learn how to free associate.
- Play word games online or with friends and crossword puzzles.
- Use memory tricks like mnemonics. Practise vocabulary tests. Target to improve your results each time. Get excited about learning new words.
Next, see your performance in the reading comprehension section of the mock test.
- Are you quick in picking up the context and meaning of what you are reading or do you need some time? Practice by doing a lot of reading.
- Read books, articles, blogs, websites, newspapers etc. of varying topics and length.
- Reading newspapers like the Hindu, Economic Times etc is a good start. Certain international newspapers and magazines like The New York Times, Economist and Washington Post (all available online) will give you international perspective and good reading practice.
- This will improve your reading speed and comprehension.
How to master in Quant Section?
The basic idea is to get your fundamentals (basics) strong. Generally, quantitative questions in the exams are based on simple concepts, and this makes it an absolute must that one has a working knowledge of these concepts. For this, a few core skills should be developed.
- These core skills include accuracy and speed. (Refer to the four quadrants mentioned earlier.)
- It also includes the ability to perform simple and complex calculations under time pressure and the ability to use logic and reasoning while solving mathematics questions.
- Furthermore, pacing is an important aspect. It involves the practice of moving onto the next question if you are stuck on a single question so to cover more of the test.
- Do not waste most of the time in a few questions while missing out on the rest.
How to master in brain trauma section?
Reasoning, have you ever thought why this section is needed or important for banking exams. As this section has no practical application in banking jobs. This section is important because it reflects you, your ability to solve situations and the most important thing is how you approach, how you think and solve the situation in less time. This section requires lots of practise to acquire . You will yourself find out the best way out of several others to solve puzzles, coding decoding, input output etc in Reasoning Section only through practise.
To score good marks in computers section go through our computer notes and computer digest and solve daily quizes. Also read books of Arihant and Kiran Publication.
How to master in GK Section?
Now the section which has no end, no boundary. General Awareness acts as a sweet dish, a dessert in Exams. A Game changer, less time consuming with 100% accuracy. This section needs vast information with daily update. We all know that “Old is Gold”, same thing applies here too.
- We need to make a habit of reading newspapers regularly.
- Read “The Times of India”, “The Hindu”, “The Telegraph” etc.
- You need to keep an eye on what’s happening around you in your country and world as well.
- There are many leading magazines that focus on current affairs and General Knowledge.
- These magazines beautifully categorize the articles with its genres to make it interesting to read on. Some of the useful magazines are Banking Service Chronicle, Pratiyogita Darpan, Business Today etc.
- Follow news channels at least once a day. You can watch Times Now, NDTV, ET Now, Zee News etc. Try to go through all the breaking and highlighted news, and make it a habit.
- Note down all important news of the day in your note book and learn it and revise it on a next day. This exercise will make you master in GK section.
>>>Also Read- IBPS PO Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2017-18
For Banking Awareness go through our Banking Drive and Soul of Banking Awareness.
Use internet resources Google, YouTube and Wikipedia.
Try to give priority to areas like Sports, Government Affairs or technology, newson banking sectors, and economic and business news.
Last but not the least follow our Daily GK Updates and GK Digest & One Liner GK updateswill keep you a step ahead.
At last –
(i) Online Examination is an exam which needs preparation and also smartness.
(ii) Crack Bank Exams because you “want” to and not because you “have” to or “prove” yourself to someone.
(iii) Hard work never goes waste. It always repays well in some form or the other , sooner or later.
(iv) Don’t go by what society says or what status quo dictates. Just do what you feel morally right and good about.
(v) Since you only need to succeed once , it doesn’t matter how many times you fail. Learn from your failures and stick to your dreams during your darkest times . the dark times prepare you for your success .
(vi) Basics are important. Some realise it earlier , some later….
Whatsoever May be the Story,
Don’t Lose Hope is the Moral of the Story..
GradeUp is providing Online test series which will surely help you to excel in the exam as the level of Questions and pattern will be same as per the IBPS exams.
You can even try gradeup android app. I regularly contribute study material, quizzes, & tips with the gradeup users to help them with preparation.
Post Source- Quora
NOTE- Slight change have been made in this post.
Related Queries- how to prepare for ibps po exam without coaching, how to prepare for ibps po in 2 months, ibps po study plan, how to crack ibps po exam in first attempt, ibps preparation tips.